Still more questions :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

av8706

Solid State Member
Posted about which os to get, then which video card....and now ram....I found out that each motherboard has certified ram....and I was wondering if it matters if I bought ram that is not on the list of certified ram for the motherboard. And I was wondering if I should go with a athlon 64 x2 5600 cpu and 3gb of or stick to or stick with a x2 5200 and 4gb of ram. I found a great combo deal on newegg that had a 5600 and A-data 4gb of ram for $30 off but now the ram is out of stock so....I don't know if the deal will be back :( oh and I have to buy the 8800gt from another source (luckily buy.com has it for a similar price considering that I don't have to pay shipping there). Also I was if you guys could give me a few points (in other words tell me if the parts look like they'd make a decent if put together). I am trying to buy all my parts by the 24th of this month so I could have it put together by the by the end of this month. The budget I'll have to work with then is $898. Of course I also need to get an anti static band and that'll be about $5 and I am not sure if I can get the extra $5 lol. Here are the parts I am using

Wish list details

Get the fastest CPU you can afford and just get 2x1gb memory. You can add memory later, whereas its a lot more expensive to upgrade the CPU. Also, look around for some crucial ballistix ddr2 800. Probably the best memory you can get, and well worth the price. As for the static strap, meh, if you are really paranoid have at it, but its not really needed.

Looked at your list. Change the power supply to a corsair vx550, drop down to just 2x1gb ddr800, get a 512mb version of the GT and the motherboard is going to include all the cables you need, so you dont need to order the ide and sata cable.

Would I be able to find a stick 2gb of ballistics ram with the same latency and is ddr2 800 so that i don't hinder my computer?

Edit: NVM!! MY WONDERFUL DEAL IS BACK. I have changed my wishlist, check the combo deal on the 5600 and the 4gb of a-data ram. With the discount I should be able to buy everything that also I know that the 512 8800gt is worth it but I planning to later on down the line change it, in the mean time I think it should be enough I mean it's still pretty freakin powerful don't you agree? Also I want to buy the ram and cpu today before I lose the chance again lol. Oh and tell me if you think even with the offer it would still be disappointing. Just to clarify I consider myself a casual to mediocre gamer.

Nope, I wouldn't bother to try to oc yet, this is my first build which I will be working on with a friend so ocing is way too much for me right now lol. Plus I think i would need more cooling for that wouldn't I...

No because it seems that with my budget I can get more power with amd and anyway I kinda am set with getting an amd cpu, don't feel like looking for another affordable board.

Edit: Already bought the ram, cpu, case, and mobo. I was recommended a higher watt psu, atleast 600 watt, can anyone recommend me an affordable psu :\

Guys, after countless thoughts....I am using the sata 80 gb hdd that I haven't used in a long time and I am using one of my dvd burners for this computer for the new computer I am getting so, and the best thing....I am getting a 512mb 8800gt and 650 wat psu :) (going with either a cool master real power pro series or thermal take tough power series and I am getting the a evga 8800 :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom