Winter too cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really stupid

lol, i found this sight yesterday and i can't figure out how to post a thread, can some one help me out. I know it sounds rediculas lol

lol, i found this sight yesterday and i can't figure out how to post a thread, can some one help me out. I know it sounds rediculas lol

sorry dunno how to use thumb nails :(

fat.clown's mini guide on how to make a new thread

step 1
decide which sub forum it belongs in
6q42uyf.jpg

step 2
click on new thread button
6t45obk.jpg

step 3
fill in what you want to say
8btoaqr.jpg

done

pretty nipply here in south london, brrrr

wintertime is time for giving... more mhz to the CPU :D who needs gas when you got a 4ghz overclock :cool:
i might cook me turkey inbetween graphics cards this year :p

can we have fat.clown's guide to making alcohol please :happy:

no u. Too bad I didn't get it today. I have to wait till later today... hopefully it'll be here by friday :(

doesn't it have thermal compound right on it? how is it?

and is it just "snapped in?" or do you have to screw it in?

Yeah it has thermal compound pre-applied on it, but I removed it after my temps were still a little high. Applied some AS5 on there, and temps instantly went down...either that or I just didn't have it seated right the first time I put it on... took me a half-hour the first time to put it on...kind of a ***** to get on right >.<... It has the same mount design as the stock intel coolers. The clips that are right below the fan are the hardest to get to...may take a little while to get it on, but when you do its awesome. I also turned off the powersaving feature in my BIOS that spins the fan only when it needs to, so it always spins. Now I get cool idle temps =D.

The clips are, like I said, like on the Intel stock coolers. You have to push down, and do a 90* rotation for them to lock in under a small notch (look closely when you get yours and you'll see it).

ugh I fought with that darned intel cooler for so long XD what a pain. i'll be glad when I can afford to get rid of it too. junk XD.

and lol @ shaolin. true! I dont have to turn the heat on in my room even in the coldest of nights lol.

So I'm OCed to 3.0 ghz with my q6600 and its friggin freezing cause its winter here in cali and today I turned on my computer and went straight to bios and was amazed that the CPU temperature read 13 celcius and went quickly went up to 18 celcius. Now I know cold can damage chips just as well as heat, so I'm wondering is this a hazard for my q6600? All I can do now is lower my tuniq tower 120 rpm and the idle speed is like 30-18 celcius with a room temp of 60ish Farenheight.

wow today I booted up surprised to find my temps at 24-14 celcius idle! this is with the tuniq tower 120 at the lowest rpm setting btw!

Compare this to my 42-32 idle temps in the summer...almost double!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom