what to do what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
ok i had my mom ask me today, "what do you want for christmas?" lol.
i said, "i dunno, whatever." and she says, "do you want something for your boat? or your computer...? come on i need to know something."
some i'm like, "hmmmm..." perfect time to get a Phenom, bug or not (free makes a difference, yes). WRONG. so, im checking around to make sure my mobo will support a Phenom...WRONG. EVGA 590 SLI will apparently not support it. now, i have heard rumors from EVGA support that a bios for the phenom is in the works, but i think that is BS. Too bad ASUS has a bios for Phenom and their am2 mobos, but they dont seem to be in the best of shape. and i dont have an asus, so the point is moot.
****ing EVGA...so much for my upgrade path, which is one main reason i bought this mobo in the first place. although i still love it lol.
now, before you start bashing on AMD "ha ha mobos dont support Phenom" and all that crap, take note...this is the fault of EVGA, not AMD. if they took the time to actually support their high end am2 mobo...instead of spending all their time/resources on the 680i and new chipsets for the intels...well, lets just say that really sucks nuts. i dont even know if they have a mobo in development for am2+. but if not, the least they could do is SUPPORT THE ******N MOTHERBOARD THAT I PAID 200 DOLLARS FOR LESS THAN A YEAR AGO and come out with a phenom bios.
enough. i just bought an 8800GT from them (that i really like lol)...i wish i hadn't and i have half a mind to NEVERRRR buy another one of their products.
here is what i need:
suggestions for nagasama's christmas present from his mommy.
keep it around 250.00
been thinking of water coolin...but i can max my cpu on air no prob, so meh.
i'm not asking for an am2+ mobo and a phenom, im not going to use ATi cards, and i will likely have a second 8800GT after xmas (if i can figure out a way to make a phenom work in this mobo lol).
also have been thinking of a 5000 BE. but, i can run my 3600 @ 3.1 all day/night/year...and i think a 500 will max about 3.4ish. so, kinda pointless.
any ideas?

I think Water Cooling is the only thing you can do there N-Dogg...

since you don't want an AM2+ Board or a Phenom yet... I think your kinda in a Corner... I'd say stick with what you have for now... cuz getting a regular AM2 Board that supports SLi thats better than yours is pretty much impossible.. you got their highest AMD Single Socket Nforce Chipset, I guess you could wait for an AM2+ that supports SLi and attack that

hrmmm.
i just sent EVGA a loooooooong email asking them to explain why exactly one of their lead techs is on the forum telling us that a bios "is in the works", when every other thing i have read is that the EVGA 590 is one of the ONLY 590's that WONT support Phenom. we'll see what they say.
i may just switch to a q6600 **** this ****.
maybe i'll get a new wakeboard.

see if you can get a Tuniq Tower 120 or a TRUE with a Scythe S-Flex or maybe Ballistix RAM, or sell off that eVGA 590 and get a Foxconn 590 or h*** do all 3!!

hmmm. my zalman works good. plus its green :)
my xms2 i am pretty satisfied with. i can always gank the 2gb gskill HZ in my moms office (lol) computer if i want. Foxconn mobo is same as mine (reference)...if THEY make a bios, it MAY work on mine. although, if it doesn't...eek.

thought about the case...
maybe a stacker or 900...but i really dont need a case with 20 drive bays.
psu, meh i can buy that when i need it. actually im lookin at the 620hx and it's lookin pretty goooooodddddd...
just bought a 22" monitor a couple weeks ago.
dont really need any more hd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom