ok final pick/ or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
ok guys, iv posted a couple threads about my new system and i have taken stuff from all of them and combined it into one system, if theres anything wronge with it let me know.

crucial ballistix ddr2 10066mhz pc2 8500 2gb kit 2400pins; Price: 132.99

intel core 2 quad Q6600 quad core/ socket lga775, 2.40 ghz, 1066mhz fsb,8mb L2 cache, 65nm; Price: 299.99

asus p5k socket 775 intel p35 ich9 chipset dual channel ddr2 10066mhz supported/esata/sata3.0gb/s; Price:135.99

XFX 8800gt xt 512mb 640mhz 1.9ghz gddr3; Price:280.28

cooler master centurian 532 atx mid tower w/ultra x2 power supply 550 watt;Price: 126.99

cooler master hyper tx x2 3 heatpipes,copper base/for socketlga775; Price: 26.99

I already have the hard drives.

So, what do you think. This mother board supports sli right? because i might buy another 8800gt 512 later.

I wouldn't get a PSU that comes with the case... you'd be better off getting the case for $50 and spending $80 on a separate PSU instead of buying a $127 Case + PSU.

I also don't think the P35 chipset supports SLI, so no, that board should not support SLI.

I've also never seen much about that cooler... so you might want to go with one of the more recommended ones.

i like that case and power supply combo, to bad, i can always up grade my mobo later though, would something like the articfreezer pro work.

The ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro probably would be sufficient, though, it wouldn't be recommended if you wanted to overclock that Q6600. I think the Tuniq Tower 120 would be a much better choice.

I also think it's a bad idea to buy a motherboard already planning to have to upgrade it for something you'll want in the near future... unless you plan on upgrading to the next socket motherboards, which would require you to buy a new CPU and RAM as well.

yeah ill look at the tuniq, i probably won't be getting another one but if i do t will be in over 6 months,since the 9 series is coming out in feb i will probably save up and buy one of them instead.

it looks like the cooler master hyper tx x2 3 heatpipes,copper base is the best there is for cooler master, well that i have seen, so i think i'll go with that(i would get the artic cooling freezer 7 but i can't find it online in canada sites)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom