Software Back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I have just purchased, in my book, some very expensive software that runs from DVD. None of the data is transfered from the DVD but the execution file is. They have to do with Clinical Anatomy and treatment as I am a Dr. (cost over $1,000 for two programs). Here is the problem...they both require the use of Quick Time 6.0 or higher and run entirely fromo the DVD and it is so slow that it is making me crazy (or crazier). Is there a program which can clone my DVD's to my hard drive without having to run them from DVD? I tried simply copying the DVD to my hard drive and the program boots but still runs of the DVD so I have accomplished nothing. Is there such a program out there? And is it legal for me to do this? Thanks!

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong but wont alcohol120% do this?

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong but wont alcohol120% do this?

No, I have just purchased the latest version of 120%. But, then again, maybe I should use the help files. These programs, with 120% shoe mulitiple disc read errors just as if they were movie DVD's. I don't think dvd 43 is going to work here.

did you try to run it without the DVD in? Does it prompt you to redirect it when it cant find it?

did you try to run it without the DVD in? Does it prompt you to redirect it when it cant find it?

Yes, it says that the source DVD is not in the drive. I know you can do "no CD" for some games but his is giving me a headache! :) The largest part of the problem is that none of the data is installed, at standrd install, on the HD. The programs run entirely off of the DVD. Hard to believe I paid all that money for such a stupid setup process.

MagicISO might do the trick. Alcohol 120 should work as well. If you are getting read errors then try using AnyDVD along with these applications. It could just be that they are encrypted. With AnyDVD it should remove the encryption and allow fo ryou to put them onto your hard drive.

Thanks! I just bought Alcohol 120%. Looks like AnyDVD is next. I'll do a follow up post to let you know if it was sucessful. Thanks!

Hmm... I thought Alcohol worked on DVDs, even if they are encrypted. Does it not?

I used the disc copy function of 120% but the copy is not recognized as the original. The closest example is if youare runnig say, Battlefield 2142, and make a 120% copy of the DVD, it is not recognized (the back up). Must be the same thing here and indicates to me that 120% does not deal wiht that type of encryption.

what's up RicoDirenzo? I have seen you hear in a few years

have you tried these settings?

alc-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom