The new EVGA 8800GTS...are...are...Hideous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my GTX two weeks before the GT was announced. Back then the next step down was the GTS 640 and I wasn't gonna get that lol.

wow, I feel defiled. Everyone around here makes fun of the 640 gts. If only I had a brain when I bought it, and asked a knowledgeable tech forum like you guys..

nOcLuE98 said:
wow, I feel defiled. Everyone around here makes fun of the 640 gts. If only I had a brain when I bought it, and asked a knowledgeable tech forum like you guys..

O lol I didn't mean to dis your graphics card. The reason that a lot of people don't like it is because it has a very little performance gain over the 320mb version so there's not much of a reason to favor it over the 320.

Nosboost300 said:
haha, i only bought my gtx cuz i got it for 400 dollars... but sadly mines a dud at oc'ing.. will only go to 630/1073 or something around there.. but i won't complain as it'll still manhandle everything!

Yea I guess you've got a good point there. I'm mostly mad at myself because I changed my original plans which were to wait and build my pc in January. Instead I built it in October and this is what happens lol. Oh well.

O lol I didn't mean to dis your graphics card. The reason that a lot of people don't like it is because it has a very little performance gain over the 320mb version so there's not much of a reason to favor it over the 320.

Yea I guess you've got a good point there. I'm mostly mad at myself because I changed my original plans which were to wait and build my pc in January. Instead I built it in October and this is what happens lol. Oh well.

lol.. well i bought the 8800gts 640mb when it first came out.. because the gtx was just outrageous then!!!

and i was a lil ticked off i bought the gtx over the gt at the time.. cuz i coulda bought either.. but i just love how the gtx sits in the case.. uuber manlike and huge! and its 768mb for the huge resolution i play.. so overall i'm very satisfied w/ the purchase and hope to go SLi soon.. but w/ how craptacular 680i mobo's are.. dunno if thats gonna happen :(

Nosboost300 said:
hope to go SLi soon.. but w/ how craptacular 680i mobo's are.. dunno if thats gonna happen

I purposely bought a DS3R in order to force myself not to waste my money on SLi.

I know I said a lot of things against the GTX but don't get me wrong I'm very happy with my computer. It's a substantial upgrade from the old dell which was: P4 @ 1.6 GHz, 512mb DDR, 256mb GeForce 6200 (AGP), and 40 gig HDD. Like moving out of the stone age into the 21st century :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom