The new EVGA 8800GTS...are...are...Hideous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the GTS 512 MB card. I seriously feel insulted by nvidia and ****ed off at myself. I'm mad at myself because I bought this GTX not even a month before the GT was announced. And I'm mad at nvidia because they keep releasing these cards at low prices that are comparable to my GTX. I feel like I should be compensated for all the extra money I spent on my GTX.... oh well.

And they seriously add insult to injury by making this card so ugly. I'd take a 3870 with an X38 mobo over this any day if I were looking to upgrade, because crossfire would definitley be something I'd pursue.

AMD's graphics cards may not be on top but at least you pay for what you get. Unlike nvidia who nickel and dime you for a "high end top of the line card" then backstab you by introducing something new with comparable performance at a much lower cost. Yea I know all you potential buyers are getting awesome deals with cards like the GTS 512 and the GT but for people like me who shelled out half a grand for a GTX or more for an Ultra, its a slap in the face.

I hate the GTS 512 MB card. I seriously feel insulted by nvidia and ****ed off at myself. I'm mad at myself because I bought this GTX not even a month before the GT was announced. And I'm mad at nvidia because they keep releasing these cards at low prices that are comparable to my GTX. I feel like I should be compensated for all the extra money I spent on my GTX.... oh well.

And they seriously add insult to injury by making this card so ugly. I'd take a 3870 with an X38 mobo over this any day if I were looking to upgrade, because crossfire would definitley be something I'd pursue.

AMD's graphics cards may not be on top but at least you pay for what you get. Unlike nvidia who nickel and dime you for a "high end top of the line card" then backstab you by introducing something new with comparable performance at a much lower cost. Yea I know all you potential buyers are getting awesome deals with cards like the GTS 512 and the GT but for people like me who shelled out half a grand for a GTX or more for an Ultra, its a slap in the face.

well dude, you don't stay ontop with the way computer technology moves...
new cards are already projected to be released 2.5 months....
technology moves fast

and ya, they are fairly ugly but when they have a great performance and the fact the card is face down in your case......

technology moves fast

and ya, they are fairly ugly but when they have a great performance and the fact the card is face down in your case......

Thats what i was gonna say. but **** if ima pay that much i dont want an ugly *** card, they could have done way better on the graphic like xfx or the others.

I don't care if the video card looks like a moldy dead fetus. All I care about is the performance and what it looks like on my monitor. Who gives a crap about the card's physical appearance.

technology moves fast

You missed my point entirely. Obviously they will always come out with new technology. What I was saying was it is a slap in the face for them to charge 550.00 for a GTX when they know darn well that a new card will soon be announced that can nearly match its performance at hundreds of dollars less. It is absolutely ridiculous. What is even worse is that the GTX still costs 500.00+ on average at newegg.com. evga.com has theirs for 550.00. It's not right.

You missed my point entirely. Obviously they will always come out with new technology. What I was saying was it is a slap in the face for them to charge 550.00 for a GTX when they know darn well that a new card will soon be announced that can nearly match its performance at hundreds of dollars less. It is absolutely ridiculous. What is even worse is that the GTX still costs 500.00+ on average at newegg.com. evga.com has theirs for 550.00. It's not right.

but the cost still makes sense... it probably still costs more money to produce a gtx than it does a new gt/gts.. so they can't bring cost down.. perhaps.. well i'm sure they can bring cost down.. lol

then buy the second best card... ?

haha, i only bought my gtx cuz i got it for 400 dollars... but sadly mines a dud at oc'ing.. will only go to 630/1073 or something around there.. but i won't complain as it'll still manhandle everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom