Christmas Monies!!!!! WHat to get?!`

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
w/ christmas coming up, i've found myself w/ many options as to upgrading!!! and i'm not too sure what i wanna upgrade!?

my choices are being this

my 2nd 8800gtx for SLi goodness

Pro's: i'll be able to play crysis much better at my native resolution!!
Con's: Crysis.. is the only game that needs SLi for my native resolution... and i'll still be stuck on my retarded asus board for a bit longer....

A new x38 or 680i Rev A mobo

Pro's: I'll finally be able to overclock my q6600... no more stupid ram problems.. no hella hot north and southbridge!!

Con's: Good-bye SLi :(

Coolermaster Stacker 830/Cosmos/Tagan APlus BLack

Pro's: All are fairly huge cases.. have great airflow, and easy to work w/ parts... the Tagan is my most wanted.. as its btx similar.. upside down mobo, rear mounted PSU similar.. more like exactly the same as its more expensive Silverstone Counterpart.

Con's: None that i can really think of??

W/ that said.. no matter what i will be buying a new mobo later on... and i'm not too fond on SLi as of now cuz i don't really need it.. so i'm thinking of just grabbing a new case... or maybe even case and mobo!!! cuz that equals a gtx.. lol...

motherboard....you already have a nice gtx, you dont really need another one. You ARE in need of a nice mobo, and that is the most important part of your system. If you are having ram issues and clock issues, i think mobo would be my first choice.

i like the way you think!!!!! lol

unless i can find more games that need SLi for 1920x1200... i may not get it

and the x38 is doing wonders for q6600's

and case.. i really do want as this armor angers me!

GTX or getting outdated for cheaper new products so you should not get a 2nd one so i would say a new case and a MOBO since your sig says your current one is garbage.

haha ya definitely garbage.. and i would say the gtx is still the best gpu out besides the ultra.. well maybe the new gts takes the cake.. under OC i'm sure it does

but no doubt i'll find another used one for 400 and call it a day

but anyway... i'm really liking the stacker now that its 169 dollars.. or the tagan... both excellent cases.... and i would love to get back into overclocking so a mobo would be nice... but i really wanna keep SLi as an option.. but i guess that isnt giong to happen w/ Nvidia

goodbye for mobo was because of the x38 that was in there.. shoulda clarified that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom