Building my first PC for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no specific Ram or case in mind. At least 2gb ram though any brand. Case just has to look somewhat appealing nothing fancy but i dont want it to look stupid. HDD at least 250GB... I wouldnt plan on Overclocking anything. Thanks!

I totally agree you will make your build a much higher value. Overclocking these days is completely safe and easy.

hum, $600 isn't much to work with, i would go with The AMD Athlon 6000, and the 8800gt 512, if you want good gaming, thats pretty much your system there, you need to save up aboout another $600 before you buy

Well after reading about my motherboard on my current system it supports Core 2 Duo, so I will probably just use the case, motherboard, 1gb (add another 2) HDD, etc. That will save me a reasonable amount right there. I can then upgrade the CPU maybe even be able to get the 8800GT with 512mb. What size PSU would I need for these higher level cpu/gpu?

I think I am going to go with the Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66, and the Nvidia 8800gt 512mb. Would this be a good call?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom