Crysis Performance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting a quad core and 2 8800gt's and i think i will run all Very High dx10 4x AA and medium resolution.

i wouldnt be too sure about that. what res exactly is medium? 1024x768? 2 gt's has comparable performance to a GTX and thats what i have and i cant run any AA smoothly. I am playing at a high res though so i guess its possible that you could pull that off.

Personally i prefer to run a higher resolution and turn off AA and some details, but thats just me. BTW, an OC'd quad core and SLI gt's can play 1920x1200 at HIGH with no AA just fine.

With so many great games out already in this past months especially FPS ones there obviously lots of games to be played and used to test our hardware :).

for those that don't know, AA gives a HUGE performance hit in crysis since theres so many friggin objects on screen at any one time. I haven't seen any system ( including SLI setups ) that can run with 4x AA on high settings at any resolution at +20 fps. No system as of today can run the game at decent fps with very high settings...those settings are for 5 years from now :p

I play crysis at all high settings with AA off and it looks amazing on my GT only time i get a bit of frame spikes is at the last mission where you have to take out the giant alien it only happen like 3 times of short spikes the fps had drop to 9 for like a quick MS.

you guys are really missing the point of my original post. I was asking how can IGN Australia get barely 25 FPS with equivalent hardware to mine on medium settings when Im getting 37 FPS on high settings. It just doesn't make sense...

( same resolution no AA )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom