*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

*shakes fist*
lol.
hey i wonder if your additional cache is the reason for the big difference in s.m. 2.0 score? possibly?

*shakes fist*
lol.
hey i wonder if your additional cache is the reason for the big difference in s.m. 2.0 score? possibly?
I don't know. But somehow, you got over 1000 more points in the SM 3.0 test

I pushed my CPU an extra 300MHZ, and the GPU an extra 2MHZ, and got this:
Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

I tried running it with the GPU at 700MHZ, but I actually got less framerate, and then crashed in the first test.

Honestly not sure, i didnt look at the individual scores. But i just installed the 169.21 drivers and score 18570 running my stable 24/7 3.6ghz Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer
so i think it might be a driver issue. I'm going to reboot and do a few more tests at 3.8 and 4.0 and see if anything changes. Be back in a few with results.

edit 1) 19422 @3.8ghz and all the same settings. Starting to think the last batch of drivers were the problem. Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer
Going to 4.0ghz and running again.

edit 2) 4ghz run, 1.525v, exact same settings as the first 2 runs, and lost points again. 17264 Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer So confused.

After looking at the results of the 3.8 and 4.0 runs, i lost points across the board.

Also before anyone asks, my cpu temps never went over 62C
I've notice that my clocks actually throttle back in 3DM when they are clocked too high. Do you think this is what's happening? That is really weird...

someone said you can do the ORB in the free trail but it wont let me... -_- did you guys buy 3dmark06 to do this? because before i upgrade my system i wanna get a few more tests in and OC my card at least to get over 10,000

I'm almost starting to think that the cpu just cant handle that high an overclock. I'm going to set it back to 3.9 where i got my highest score, and just do incremental increases until the score drops.

i hope you don't use 1061 for everyday use on ram.. there's a thread saying its not good using the memory over 1000 for everyday use..

You mean the memory clock on the video card? I haven't OCed my ram sticks at all yet

speaking of the memory clock on vid card

my bad, i just realized i wrote ram.. i meant video memory.. lol

nice rig btw

Back
Top Bottom