Don't know what GPU to get!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why xfire though? Wouldn't 2 GTS v2 kill it? They do make hacks for crossfire motherboards which allow you to run sli.

why xfire though? Wouldn't 2 GTS v2 kill it? They do make hacks for crossfire motherboards which allow you to run sli.

2 GTS would beat out 2 3870, but for almost double price, and you wouldnt get double the performance. Check out some benchies, i havent checked on them for a while so i dont know how much more the GTS would beat out a 3870 by

and no, a GT doesnt beat out a GTS......

100% right... and you know what the best part is?

Lets say i paid $200 for my 8500 gt (**** holidays jk) and i want to step it up to an 8800 ultra... 73 days later... well... that 200 dollars still carries over and goes towards the cost of the 8800 ultra EVEN THOUGH the 8500 gt is probably now 50 dollars cause its old tech...

and the best part? after you get the ultra... you decide to go for the 9800gtx... you can use that stepped up card to step up once again....

only problem is you better hope your not broke at the end of this 90 day period...cause then your stuck with old tech that your gonna have a hard time selling..

<3 step up program... makes me an evga fan boy kinda...

But... i still would go with crossfire over sli... come on... those two 3870's beat two 8800 gt 512mb in sli or at least break even with them.... AND the 3870's are cheaper by quite alot... and not sold out EVERWHERE...... -_-

Go with whats best imo... but then again its still up for debate what is best

WRONG.

You can't step up with a card that has already been stepped up. Also, the "stuck with old tech that your gonna have a hard time selling" isn't accurate either. If you stepped up to a card, 3 months later I wouldn't consider it "old tech". Go check and see how much 1 year old cards like the 8800GTX and 8800 Ultra are going for on ebay. Hard time selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom