Which Powersupply is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
I'm lookign for a new PSU, and Vernong said its better to have a psu with more amps on 1 12v rail, instead of 2 smaller 12v rails. So here's the two that I'm considering getting.

Ultra X-Connect 500-Watt ATX Dual 80mm Fan Blue Modular Power Supply ULT33154 at TigerDirect.com

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RP-600-PCAR ATX from factor 12V V2.01 600W Power Supply 115/230 V Safety Nemko, TUV, cUL, CE, BSMI, FCC, CCC - Retail

the first one has 28A on the +12v rail, but the second one has two +12V rials with 18A each. Also the coolermaster one has 100 more watts, but which one should i get?

I prefer this one. You get what you pay for and it is always good to have more power than you need. You have no idea what you will do in the future to your rig. I run the 1000 watt and love it. Modular cables are also very nice. Also, being energy efficient is always a good idea.

Ultra X3 ULT40073 600-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, PCI-E Ready, Energy Efficient, Modular at TigerDirect.com

iono man, if i was going to drop $130+ on a new PSU, i might as well get the corsair 520hx.

I'm just saying what Vernong said, either type of PSU is cool with me. I wanted to spend under $50 bucks though. The first cooler master PSU that i linked is $50 w/ a $40 mail in rebate at my computer store, so it would only come out to $10 bucks. That's why I was interested in that one first.

yeah but you get what you pay for mate, i wouldnt skimp on a PSU

people always say that but right now im running a 380watt raidmax cheap PSU, and I have ran it in three different systems over the past year and a half, and it has never failed me. Always stable and always working. Even in this system right now with my high end CPU, and ram. Once i get an 8800gt though I'm going to have to change PSU that's why im looking for a new psu right now because i might get an 8800gt for Christmas.

well, components may be able to run underpowered, but your computer will run quite sluggishly, I'm sure if you replace that psu you have no, you'll noticed an increase in performance, plus you risk damaging your components too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom