Suggestions with Building a comp for friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetahammy

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering what you guys would think of a build i'm planning on making for my friend. pretty much he needs everything but a monitor. I'm mainly just gonna suggest the big parts tho. His budget is about $1000. It will mainly be for average gaming (Wow, bioshock, Gwar, and a few others) and also just for the simple everyday stuff. What I had in mind...

CPU: Intel Q6600 with G0 with probably a zalman

RAM: Ne suggestions? i just know 2gb of something I myself have the g. skill hzs.

Mobo: No idea but was thinking of gigabyte

Videocard: I was thinking of trying the new 8800 GT. Which is better the 256 or 512? i know price is difference.

HDD: probably a seagate 7200.1 350gb

PSU: Corsair 520hx

Case: Antec 900 or ne other suggestions

OS: Did they fix vista yet? or is it still bad and I should just stick him with XP?

Monitor: he already has.

*For this computer I'm trying to build him. I'm just trying to make one that will last him a good while especially when Starcraft 2 comes out (because he's hyped about it) and which is apparently really good today.

Just want to say Thanks in Advance for the help.

hum...for ram i would go with 2gb pc6400 800mhz dddr2
for the gpu it depends how big his monitor is, if he doesn't have a 22' monitor go with the 256mb
the hard drive is fine
psu is fine
i would go with the cooler master centurion atx mid tower, it comes with a better power supply then the one you pciked so you wouldn't need to buy that.
I wouldn't go with vista

What size monitor does he have. If its 20" or larger, or if he plans to buy a 20" or larger monitor in the future while keeping the GT, go with the 512mb model. Check out frys.com and see if they still have the ballistix on sale.

Vista is just fine. If you are PAYING for an OS get vista, if not, just stick with xp.

7200.1?
THEY STILL SELL THOSE?!?!?
lol definatly get a 7200.10 320gb instead
i hope thats what u meant
for mobo get
Abit IP35

um.. i think he meant 7200.10 because its still the same number... unless he meant 7200.01

Pretty sure the 7200.1 drives were only like 5gb max if they even went that high. Considering that they started the 7200.x nomicleture 15 years ago. back in 92, we were all freaking out about 1gb hard drives.

did anybody notice that luke suggested he use the psu that comes with the centurion over the corsair 520hx?? ummm i think most people here would agree that any psu that comes in case will not be better than a 520hx

did anybody notice that luke suggested he use the psu that comes with the centurion over the corsair 520hx?? ummm i think most people here would agree that any psu that comes in case will not be better than a 520hx

good eye.. ya he doesn't know what he's talking about.. god I hate when people argue stuff thats wrong... "Antec Neopower 550 is way better than the Corsair 520" "Core 2 Duo is lame, My Pentium Dual-Core EE has double its clock speed"

but yes.. Amperage > PSU Wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom