Merk's New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's DirectCanada.com, I don't think they ship to the States, unfortunately. Their prices are awesome, but their availability on some things here and there is really iffy, it's quite annoying.

And yeah, I'll look into getting some MX2 instead, ah - they don't carry it... well, I'm sure AS5 is more than fine. I'm not quite thermal past savvy, but reviews I've looked up are good.

Alright, so I updated the build and I'm very confident now about this build unless you guys can suggest something other than AS5? Remember, they don't carry MX2.

Plus, do the DS3R and IP35 overclock better than their toned down counterparts the DS3L and IP35-E?? I notice the Northbridge cooling seems better on the former two.

And I've decided to go with the 620HX so I don't have to worry about upgrading for a while

520hx, has the same amount of 12V amps as the 620hx and is quieter
considering you don't seem to want to invest in an extreme system the 520hx's 54A should last you a long long while

AS5 is the old standby... you can't go wrong with it. MX-1 and MX-2 are better, but AS5 is still right up there.

AS5 is the old standby... you can't go wrong with it. MX-1 and MX-2 are better, but AS5 is still right up there.

Hahaa, actually, I just found it on the site, and it's like less than half the price of the AS5! So I'm happy with that. I was searching for "MX2" instead of "MX-2" :D

also, I'm thinking of getting an eVGA card at a slightly higher price because I can step up later on when the 9 Series comes out. Just my luck, none available. I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up... the eVGA model is surprisingly cheaper at $250, not bad

Plus, do the DS3R and IP35 overclock better than their toned down counterparts the DS3L and IP35-E?? I notice the Northbridge cooling seems better on the former two.

One thing about the 520HX, the site says it's got a total of 40A.... :confused:

The 520HX only supplies 40A continuous, even though each of the three rails has 18A, it only supplies 40A rather than 54A.

The 620HX supplies 50A. Is the almost $50 difference worth it for the extra 10A? If I'm willing to spend that much money on a 620HX, is there anything better to spend my money on? I'm looking for modular.

Well as far as the 520hx goes, im running dual GT cards, 4gb of memory, 2 hard drives, a dvd burner, 5 fans and a quad core @ 3.6ghz. So unless you plan on picking up 2 old GTX's you wont need the 620. BTW, what in the blue **** is going on with your sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom