New build, help please :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Ok... i gotta get this bill in by the 15th to get it approved by my boss (mom).

basically, im going to take parts out of my comp... and put them in a nice pink comp, and keep the good ones *Cough cough* 8800 gt and put them back in my case with some new parts.. this is the list i've come up with..

CPU:
ClubIT Product - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping Kentsfield 2.40GHz 8MB L2 LGA 775 Processor OEM HH80562PH0568M SLACR

Case where the other parts go into and are presented to a special person, lawl:
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX O² ATX-302KP Pink 0.7mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420Watt PRESCOTT/ SATA Ready Power Supply - Retail

Fan for cpu, Please help me choose one :( :
Socket LGA 775

Mouse pads, im gonna try both out:
https://www.ratpadz.com/cart.php

Cool Laser Mouse Pad – Computer Accessories from HandStands

Mobo(i plan on sticking with the CPU up there for a while btw):
Buy.com - EVGA nForce 680i SLI Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard - 122-CK-NF68-A1

Second 8800gt, i plan to run that with my current one in sli:
GeForce 8800 GT Video Card (eVGA-512P3N802A1) - Welcome to nV News - A Leading Source Of NVIDIA Related News...

monitor:
ClubIT Product - SAMSUNG 920NW 19" 5ms 300 cd/m2 700:1 Black Widescreen LCD Monitor Retail

So basically, can someone recommend which one of those fans i should use and is that mobo good for sli 8800gt's?

can someone also recommend some ram for that mobo that i should get and a harddrive?

I need to get good at this...

looks good.. but wheres your RAM and PSU

for the Cooler, try the V1 (the spiral one) or a Tuniq Tower 120 or a TRUE120 and good luck with your build, also since you bought a 680i, i think ur planning on dual-gpu setup... why not get a cheaper hd3870 and dual-GPU those instead of the 8800gt SLi I think ur planning.. plus it performs better.. and Gigabyte p35-ds3P

The ram i was asking for someone to help me find because i always screw up when i look for it

The psu that comes with the case will be used with my old parts

the psu in my current rig in my sig will be used with my new rig... 800w should be enough and i think it has enough power on the rails...

I'm going for 8800 gt sli because i already have 1 card... so i figured why not go for two?

The ram i was asking for someone to help me find because i always screw up when i look for it

The psu that comes with the case will be used with my old parts

the psu in my current rig in my sig will be used with my new rig... 800w should be enough and i think it has enough power on the rails...

I'm going for 8800 gt sli because i already have 1 card... so i figured why not go for two?

ok.. you completely shut me up then ;) but add some Crucial Ballistix 2gb Kit.... doesn't matter of the speed.. because it goes up to 1100mhz really easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom