Not open for further replies.

rjam420

Solid State Member
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor

- 512 K L2 Cache/2.0 GHz

128 MB ATI Radeon X300 SE

1GB DDR PC 3200

250 GB S-ATA 7200 rpm harddrive

Ok...I bought this Medion computer @ FutureShop maybe 2 years ago? maybe 1 not sure but i think 2 if not 3 haha yeah...moving on. I do not know much about computer hardware, I do not even really know what the information i just posted above means...but I copied it off the side of my computer tower from a sticker that was on it when i bought it haha. I have a $500'ish budget ('ish = $100 overish haha) and am looking to upgrade my computer. I dont want/need more hardrive space, i have a DVD writer disc drive so i dont need an upgrade of that just yet (plan to burn dual layer one day but not @ this time). I dont need a tower or anything, I just want to get the best upgrades i can with a $500ish budget.

To break it down....I have between $500-$600 i am gonna spend on computer performance upgrades. I dont wanna be bottleknecked so i cant upgrade further along the line when i manage to spend some more money on my computer, for now the items that would give me the best instant performance would me optimal, since i do plan to fully upgrade as i get money, but would like to see improvements as i go naturally. I really need help because i am pretty much hardware illiterate. I mostly use my computer for playing video games, so more videogame friendly components would be nice, also...I am not looking for the BEST of the BEST i just need my computer to be up to date for as long as its been good now...i am looking for 2 good years outta any piece of hardware i upgrade as I go. Thanks alot for any advice...and i will be checking this often because i wanna order em from tigerdirect so i can get em ASAP for xmas if not before..(if anyone knows of a cheaper reliable source to get computer parts that would be appreciated as well)...so any questions or things i didnt cover can be posted and i will answer...thanks alot everyone.

ps...i use a 32" HD LCD television as a monitor.

im guessing you have a s939 mobo, so i would suggest to get an opty 165 and oc get another gig of ram and 8800gt, you might also need a better psu.

thanks...the more people who respond about certain products or things to check out would be awesome...i wanna get as many opinions as i can so i can get a good start on my build. Thanks alot!

Ok...thanks alot for the advice...here is what i have found @ my local shop...

MoBo: Computer Avenue

CPU: Computer Avenue (Edit* dont see the 2.0Ghz on the site but i will be getting it if not from this shop.)

Video Card: Computer Avenue

Ram: Computer Avenue

and this i am not sure of...not alotta selection of PSU's on the site...might have to go elsewhere but this is what i found...wondering if its enough though...

PSU: Computer Avenue

I am gonna go to the big box stores before i make any purchases @ this local shop just to see if i can get lucky to find a cheaper price on the video card or higher wattage PSU haha...good ol consumerism...anyways...some feedback on these components would be great...the videocard and cpu are the same as the ones you recommended so i guess i am just making sure all this is compatible and will be a good build for the next couple years and wont bottleneck me for future upgrades. FYI i play MMO's mostly, EQ2 atm and most likely Conan when it launches...but I always like to play the new ground-breakers like Crysis and Medieval II which i am not really capable of doing on my current build haha...thanks alot for your input.

I'ver never heard of that brand for the PSU, remember to never cheap out on those.
And for the cpu, im not sure how good the e2140 is compared to the e2180(allendale).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom