Help me Overclock my Q6600 B3 on a Asus P5k Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtech3000

In Runtime
Hey guys I have never overclocked before and I have no idea which settings in my Asus P5k Deluxe Mobo Bios I need to tweak or should tweak. I have the latest bios and run a Q6600 B3 stepping version. I would like to take it to 3.0 Ghz on stock air cooling if all possible. How do I set my settings?

a b3 on stock cooling will get you some nasty temps. I recommend upgrading the cooler before trying any overclocking.

you should definatly be able to hit 3.0 Ghz on air btw...

Not quite as simple as that. 3.0 Ghz on aftermarket air with a G0 is one thing, 3.0 Ghz on stock air with a B3 is quite another. Should be possible, but I would keep an ultra-paranoid eye on the temperatures.

I had no problems overclocking my Q6600 with that mobo, there is a particularly good guide for that combination here.

It'll explain much better than I could. Have a good, thorough read, (including the link to the first part), and you should be fine!

b3 stepping? 3.0ghz? on air? thats not gonna happen, its either gonna have bad temperatures or its gonna be unstable, i recommend not doing it... or do a mild one like 2.66ghz... man you people beat me to it.. :(

I would say this is better value and better performing.

The main things you can play with are multiplyer (already maxxed at stock) and FSB, but you'll need to change various other things first. Check the link I sent you.

Lol. I'm running same thing as you. B3 on P5K Deluxe.

Stock cooling is DEATH. I have to have the fan cranked at 100% just to idle at 45C . Load at 51-55C (depends how hard 8800's fan is on. At 85% Load temps = 51)

If I put stock fan speeds below 50 itll Idle in the 65C mark. Load will push over 70 sooo I just leave it 100. This is stock speeds XD Case has great airflow. Like a little wind tunnel in there. It's just throwing off a lot of heat. More than I expected actually lol.

If you ditch you stock cooler you should be able to get 3.0 on Air without many troubles if you keep the fans running at a decent speed.

I'd post some OC temps but I've got to RMA the p5k cause of problems. Meh. I'll be droppin the q6600soon as I can lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom