(G92)8800GTS Hits the Egg HURRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the real cheeze off for me is i already have crysis and was waiting for this card to play it.
the GT looks good, but if the GTS will last me just that much longer (i'm sure it's a bigger OCer) it would benefit me because i will most likely not buy the 9 series because these play the biggest games right now and will probably play the next ones (if there are even any out in Feb?)
with the way computer stuff gets pushed back all the time Feb is probably the earliest for 9's
sli gt's are 200 bucks more, but definetally faster...
my buddies ordered the gts, so if i got one we could sli and have some fun...
or i could just buy my buddies 7900gt ko and sli mine, which has done 1280 @ 40fps in crysis.....

*sigh*

haha... I knew this card would be paired with crysis lol. We said it would happen, like 3 months ago.

lmao... Read this noob review.

Pros: Im sure its a fast card, but the only difference from the 8800 GT is a few more Stream Processors, which does NOTHING for performance!!! These are WAAAY overpriced!! the 8800GT can be had for $290 and you get the same clocks,same ram, & they are both the exact same G92 chips. They just threw on a bigger cooler and added a few extra SP on the GTS. Same everything!! The huge cooler that added isn't even needed on these 65nm chips, there just trying to jack the price up on em.

Basically the GT and GTS are in fact identical. I'm guessing what nvidia did is sell the cards that only yielded 112 SP's and kept the others to become the GTS. Check the stats, the cards are exactly the same clocks/memory, the only difference is the GTS has 128 shaders and a dual slot cooler. And the benchmarks are showing around a 10-15% improvement AT MOST over the GT, now compare that to the 25-30% increase in price. Just buy a GT and wait until february.

Well there goes step up out of the window! Everything looked great, I was going to have to pay ~$50 to step up, when I realised that the thing was in euros! So the new card costs $359 if you one of those lucky yank sods, or 379 euros for us europeans! arg! So instead of 359-340+shipping, the cost was more like 379-230+shipping =~ £115 (/US$236). :eek:

379 euros is crazy price, thats like £60/$120 more than the cost of the new card in the UK. I dunno how that happened! EVGA have got their sums wrong, methinks.

Anyway, 'no problem', I thought, 'Ill just upgrade to a GT instead'. The trouble is that now, EVGA don't list any other card for step up! Urg. I guess I'll stick with the 320, no upgrade! Only 3 days of stepup left, anyway.

I wish I could upgrade as much as you guys. I dont want to wait until feb. If I buy one now, and sell it in feb, how much money do you think i will lose?

Graphically it's hideous. It looks like they scanned in some poor artwork and threw on "EVGA 8800GTS". Even I could come up with something better with PS in a few minutes.

As said, save your ~$75-100 and get a 8800GT. Runs cooler, and easily catches up to GTX speeds .. oh, and isn't FUGLY.

<3 My 8800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom