What else can i do with Fingerprint scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
My friend has a laptop (ACER TravelMate 6292) that has a built in fingerprint scanner.. besides the eMpowering technology crap he was wondering what else he could do with the feature?

Is there a way to maximize/use it for other software? like a 3rd party software that could make use of the scanner for something else?

Please shed light on a fingerprint scanning noob

Fingerprint scanners are a joke. The ones we have on the new HP's take longer to log in or open anything using your fingerprint than to just type the username and password. Usually takes 2-3 swipes to get it to work.

i have a fingerprint usb flash drive, pretty cool eh!
sorry to go off topic, but i like the ideas they come up with.

i have a microsoft finger print reader which cam with my bluetooth mouse and keyboard, it doesnt take me long to log in on it.

Some fingerprint scanners are a joke, an mostly in the normal every day world there are work around.

As for using it for something else i doubt it very much, unless you intend to use multi layer encryption such as a password an user name followed by a a biometric prof of identification.

my friend's acer 6292 w/ fingerprint scanner works like a gem.. one gentle swipe and viola..

can we use it to log in to other things besides xp and the acer software crap in the laptop? like EMAIL etc?

typical Fingerprint scanners that are so commercialized are not really a means of MORE SECURE solution, but rather for comfort.. so that you need not type in, etc.. keeps keyloggers at bay too.

they are designed for lazy people..put all your fingers to good use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom