Help me pick a video card and Ram. (Still total noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didnt look at the link, and im no expert on American prices. Go with the 8800GT 256 like you originally said. I had no idea that it was cheaper than the 3870.

Sorry I didnt look at the link, and im no expert on American prices. Go with the 8800GT 256 like you originally said. I had no idea that it was cheaper than the 3870.

Yup, problem is its sold out, they sold out the next day after i placed the order for mine, it should get here tomorrow or wednesday.

No problem, thanks very much for the info, I didn't know what the top ATI cards were anymore, its something more to look up.

:D

The 7900gs can still hold its own if you cant get ahold of an 8800gt, you could use it untill they get in stock again and im sure you can make a profit on ebay, newegg still has em for $190 but tigerdirect gots em slashed at $135.

The 7900gs can still hold its own if you cant get ahold of an 8800gt, you could use it untill they get in stock again and im sure you can make a profit on ebay, newegg still has em for $190 but tigerdirect gots em slashed at $135.

That one I posted up above is now sold out, it wasn't when I posted the link :(

I'll wait it out if I have to, id really like a DirectX 10 GPU, so it's between an HD3850/3870 or an 8800GT (Waiting)

If i were to opt for an HD3870/3850. Which brands would be a better choice ?

(Sorry for all the questions)

That one I posted up above is now sold out, it wasn't when I posted the link :(

I'll wait it out if I have to, id really like a DirectX 10 GPU, so it's between an HD3850/3870 or an 8800GT (Waiting)

Yeah man these things are selling like hotcakes, if i had more money i would have bought another one to sell on here.

If you don't want to wait for an 8800GT then your next best bet is a 3870, then a 3850 512mb.

Any of those are good choices though and play pretty much anything at max details without a hitch (not crysis of course)

I have a 3850 512mb coming tomorrow and will post a little mini-review comparing it to my x1900xt

If you don't want to wait for an 8800GT then your next best bet is a 3870, then a 3850 512mb.

Any of those are good choices though and play pretty much anything at max details without a hitch (not crysis of course)

I have a 3850 512mb coming tomorrow and will post a little mini-review comparing it to my x1900xt

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I think I may be leaning towards an 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom