(G92)8800GTS Hits the Egg HURRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to happen, I'm afraid. You might see GTX and G80-GTS (I think we should call then G80S or GATSes from now on to reduce confusion) price drops, but there is no reason for price drops for the GT. If anything, its underpriced, given the performance of the new GTS is not significantly higher than the GT.

thats what i was afraid of.

trotter i was wondering the same thing...

Yeah im thinking the gt's are not gonna drop in price, i wouldint be suprised if they go up since theyre out of stock and in high demand. The old gts may actually drop under the price of the gt's.

what about waiting until feb? I am very enticed to go for this, because I am selling my 640mb GTS right now. (in the process of putting it on ebay.) But I think i will wait until feb to buy a new flagship one. Anyone think the price of this* card will drop in feb?

so... how much you gonna sell that nasty old ATI for...?

I've noticed them going for $230 + on ebay, so I can sell it for around that and actually make a profit.

Also, why is everyone even assuming that the 8800gts is made for people to upgrade from an 8800gt. Calm down people, this card is not made for 8800gt owners.

Hmm the card looks kinda nice well the xfx version atleast but its only a few minimal upgrades from the GT 16 more SP and 50hz clocked over my GT and double slot.Ima stick to my GT i dont see me spendin 100 dollars more for a little minimal upgrade ill wait for the 9 series to come out and sell of my GT then and grab a 9 series.

Yup im sure most of us are going with the gt untill the 9's comes out. Even then, they should be cheaper and an 8800gt sli setup could be more affordable and last awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom