My New Rig!!! *52k Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would remove the battery and set the cmos reset jumper and leave it overnight.

Soemthing similar happened to my p5b deluxe once ..I thought it was dead but then tried it the next day and all was fine. (Actually turned out to be a bad set of ballistix making the mobo freak out)

So if they say 'did you overclock it' what do I say?

When RMAing anything, you never give any information that COULD even HINT you voided the warranty or any, ANY way Screwed or changed or modified the product in ANY way, shape or form. Act as dumb as possible.. (Well not THAT dumb, but you get the point)

mann its 9 degrees celcius in my place!!!! and i got this mobo that sucks at overclocking!!!! ANGERED!!!!! AND A SCYTHE NINJA! BUT NO MOBO MOUNTS/ BRACKETS!

and gurusan, that is exactly what my mobo did w/ my ram.. only after a certain point it just plain wouldnt take it.. even w/ a nights rest w/o battery...

but luckily i'll always have some 1.8v corsair ram sitting around!

Yeah, the 900 is absolutely beautiful. A little big, but gorgeous nonetheless.

Oh yeah, if I had a little more money id pick one up, my brother has one and not only is the design to my liking, but its dead silent and keeps things really cool.

Best case i've personally seen.

What my plan is now:

1.) Leave out the CMOS battery, and all ATX power connectors out of my system until Saturday.

2.) Give my XMS2 to my friend to see if his system will work with it. (and get it back by thursday at the latest)

3.) Do some mods to my case on Saturday.

4.) Rebuild it, and hope it works.

5.) If not, try to RMA, and lie through my teeth in the attempt to get a new MOBO. (if its my RAM thats defective, then I will just buy some new OCZ Plats)

Sound good? If I give my RAM to my mate, whose system should be running on DDR2-667, (on an IL8) should it work fine and downclock?

I will post pics of my mods on Monday.

Oh yeah, if I had a little more money id pick one up, my brother has one and not only is the design to my liking, but its dead silent and keeps things really cool.

Best case i've personally seen.

I agree with this. The top bit with all the plastic is a bit dodgy but the way that the airflow is directed is really well thought out.

Also does anyone have an idea of how I could somehow plug in my 8 pin CPU power lead without it being so obvious? Cause Im stuck on that one.

Also, my system was making LOADS and i mean LOADS of noise, so I unplugged my rear fan, and then it was pretty much near silent. My rear fan on low setting was making more noise than my two front fans on medium! Do you think that it is a faulty fan, or that it was the turbulance of it blowing against the wardrobe in the picture?

For my CPU power lead, I was able to route the cable around the mobo but idk if yours will be long enough to do that.

You definitely have a defective rear fan, all of the ones that came with mine don't make very much noise on medium let alone low. However it sounds like it's ready for liftoff if I have all my fans on high (except for the top 200mm fan which is near silent no matter what). I don't know if the noise was caused by turbulence or not but you could test that theory by temporarily moving the pc forward away from the wardrobe and see what happens with the back fan on.

Good luck with that RMA on your mobo.

always lie when you RMA. "it just doesn't work"...always works. :)
of course, if it really doesnt work, its not lying.

i once was honest and that rma they didnt want to do. So i bought another identical product from somewhere else, swapped them and rma'd that back to amazon :D nice one amazon ;)

lesson being.. Lie your head off (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom