Is there anything to overclock gpu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish atitool worked on vista heh. i tried rivatuner and get nothin but headaches trying to stabilize it. so i quit trying.

ATiTool does work...its just a b*tch. I have to reinstall it about every 3rd time I reboot my computer. It's something with the driver. But it does work correctly when it starts up right.

Only reason this came up is that i cant duplicate my 3dmark06 score. I actually got a 4.1ghz overclock on the quad and still only managed a sub 18k score. I think the nvidia drivers are the cause.

^^ If im not mistaked me and Drizzt5 have oc'd his 8500gt's and they both were oc'd.. used atitool.. not sure which version.... but yeah, They both were oc'd for a lil bit, Then he got his 8800GT! and the second should be on its way!

I have 7800 gt's and oc'ing them both works... I have no idea about 8 series cards.

In atitool, are you talking about 2d or 3d settings? Because if you're oc'ing just 3d, you're not going to notice higher clock rates unless you actually are running something 3d. The only reason I say this is because when I was using I think riva tuner I was getting ****ed thinking it wasn't saving my oc settings when I'd check them in everest. But it's just that I wasn't engaging the 3d clock settings.

(this is all in xp by the way)

Don't use rivatuner, it's too finicky. Use atitool.

i disagree, i think rivatuner is much more friendly than ATI tool. i guess its just a personal preferreence, though.

yeah I don't like AtiTool either. I actually like atitraytools the most because it's so easy to change a TON of settings and do so very quickly....but I don't think it works for nvidia cards.

I like it because of the ways it finds your max settings. It's not perfect, with some fine tuning it is very helpful.

I think im just going to switch to Vista 64 and say the heck with it. Do another clean boot on xp and not touch anything, just use it for benching :p

edit: i already have vista 64 installed on another disk, just been too lazy to set it up how i want. Also that sli issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom