How to download a full offline installation for Windows live messenger 8.5 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WUA = Windows Update Agent

I have noticed that the newer version of WLM 8.5 are buggy myself. That is why i have steered clear of WLM for now. I am in the WLM 9 beta but that is worthless. Based off of the latest version of WLM8.5 with some sounds. Junk.

I think it is just better to stay with the 8.1 version for now. Till they get a better release out there.

WUA = Windows Update Agent

I have noticed that the newer version of WLM 8.5 are buggy myself. That is why i have steered clear of WLM for now. I am in the WLM 9 beta but that is worthless. Based off of the latest version of WLM8.5 with some sounds. Junk.

I think it is just better to stay with the 8.1 version for now. Till they get a better release out there.

ok. that sounds right because 8.1 works

Yeah it is 8.5 that asks for the WUA permissions. Not 8.1 so your upload of 8.1 would work. That was before they went to the online installers. :D

I think this is rather stupid... I don't download yahoo because they want an online installer... Might stop using live messenger...

You can download an offline installer for yahoo messenger from filehippo
Download Yahoo! Messenger 8.1.0.421 - filehippo.com

Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018 is the most current version. That is the first release of WLM 8.5;)

He was talking about yahoo messenger, not WLM

Okay? Point being that there is both a 8.1 for WLM and Yahoo. So i misread that the person was pointing to Yahoo while Eric was showing WLM. 2 different people with 2 different IM. Ooops.

Point being this. WLM 8.5 requires a online installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom