(G92)8800GTS Hits the Egg HURRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was giving some early praise to this card, but it's so aesthetically ugly and not worth the price IMO, when I can easily get an 8800GT for $255 for minimal decrease in performance...

I really thought these things were gonna perform a lot better than they do

I really can't understand why people are arguing about the looks of a card. And even if you do have a clear sidepanel, the things are mounted upside-down! Put a pink sticker with yellow LEDs over the top if you really care.

Anyways overclockers have listed these cards now for all you brits out there...

well andy, if the card really did perform that much better and was a better price, I wouldn't give two hoots about the looks. but since it's really too expensive considering real-world benefits, people can bash it for unimportant things, like how it looks

it does include Crysis, so you're saving on like $59.99, so really this card's costing you like $300, which actually is not that bad, considering that that's how much GT goes for, but then again, I think some GT are bundled with Crysis too... hmmm maybe I will get one, just not that design...

Crysis is only 40 bucks. I think i may order 1 GTS and replace my 2 GT's, SLI is annoying me as its not supported well enough.

hrm.. its a tough one... certainly they aren't very impressive compared with the GTs. I guess its one for someone who would otherwise have bought a GTX. Or someone like me who can't do a -ve step up!

EDIT: and also I think they actually look pretty spiffing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom