New build doesn't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookster264

In Runtime
I just put together a new build, but cannot get it to post.

Specs:

ASUS 590sli mobo
AMD 4000 Black edition
8600GT
Seagate Barricuda 250gb 7200rpm
ASUS DVD+-RW
Hanns G HG216D LCD monitor
Xclio 600w Greatpower psu

I get power to everything. Fans spin, DVD works, but no post. This is my first time powering up, so I haven't even been in the BIOS yet. My monitor also says there is no input and to check connections. Could I be missing something with the vid card or monitor?

So what have you tried?
Unattach everything but CPU, one stick on ram and video card. Then try for POST, if it posts attach one device or piece of hardware, testing each time.

Sometimes yes sometimes no but it's best to just use them. The last build I just did 3 days ago wouldn't post and I took everything out of the case and layed it on an antistatic bag and it posted fine. Sometimes they will be grounded to the case. And like Ste said check all your cards for proper seating.

Oh, one other thing. I forgot to plug in the vid card when powering up for the first time, so the fan wasn't spinning. Could this have fried the vid card and possibly why it isn't posting.

No. If you forget to plug the video card power in, it just wont get enough power. If that is plugged in now it should be fine. Do you have onboard video? If so, pull EVERYTHING out except for the cpu, 1 stick of memory, NO HARD DRIVES and the video card. I had a similar issue with my media pc. I forget what the cause was, but basically i had to just plug and unplug stuff until i figured out what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom