PCI gpu upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isnt his connection... im sure of that... that would have to do with choke which he doesnt have a problem with, ping, no problem, rates, no problem...

There is no Single player CS:S btw.. i dont think he cares too much about the other stuff...

btw i just picked out some low end budget parts for him... problem probably solved...

no... we are isolating yourself from other players. i dont liek to use the video stress test because you will never be able to play in the map that is in the stress test so why find fps using the stress test when your never going to play in a scenario like that?

unlike the stress test, we can use a scenario where you are playing in de_dust so you stress in de_dust.

i hope you understand what im saying. its just saying how fast can your F1 go when driving off road opposed to how fast your F1 can go on the tracks. in reality you don't want to test your top speed off road but you want to test your top speed on the tracks.

so getting fps from single player is better than getting the fps for the stress test.

anyways, since you did a video stress test and got 60 FPS. this mean that its not the video card that is the problem here.

its your processor. also when you are stressing in single player, you stress your ram, cpu, and GPU opposed to the video stress test where you only stress the video card. in reality, you can't just play games with a video card but you also need cpu, ram, etc.

i understand i will ask him to... still isnt it not a good test since he has to host the actual server in CS:s? and be in the server?

60 - 90 fps in his own hosted server... basicvally single player

he was suprised and so was i.... thats some good fps for his rig...

wow nice... 60-90fps? if he lags in multiplayer, its his processor. its having trouble processing the sprite of the other players or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom