Asking for help on new gameing pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProZocK

Beta member
Hello folks!

As a start, I would like to thank you guys very much for answering my question. I know some of you guys will, and boy, will that help me out!

I am looking for a high end gaming machine. I will be moving to the USA in about a month or less, and im excited about the chance to build my dream pc.

I have made some research, but im a very bad researcher. I have seen the Alienware website, and as much as i would love something like that, the price tag is WAAAAAAY to much for me.

I will have around 3k dollars to build myself a pc, and i would like to play games like UT3, Oblivion, and all those really heavy games.

Thanks agaion for the help!

3k???

DANG I advise you to spend no more than 2k on a rig... this is what i have in mind:

q6600
Abit IP35-Pro or the ABIT IX38 Quad GT
Crucial Ballistix ddr2 800 kit (4gb should be enough..)
8800ultra
choose a Case
Choose a HD Size
Choose an Optical Drive
PC Power and Cooling 610
Add a Monitor if you want one

that pushes you actualy like $1800... hmm.. i guess.. you could go SLi if u want with the 8800Ultra and get a 680i SLi board instead, or maybe get a QX9650 instead of the Dual 8800Ultra.. or maybe get two HD3870's?

Thanks for the specs. I said 3k just because I will be needing a monitor, sound system and everything.

That and, of course, because i have NO idea of how much it costs to build a pc in the USA (it can get very expensive in brazil)

Ill keep those specs in mind (saved on my laptop actually), and do you have any ideas about the other hardware i will be needing( sound system, monitors, etc)

Its pretty cheap to build right now. Prices have hit an alltime low for memory and quad core cpus.

That actually made me remember a good question.

Where?

Do you guys order all those parts by the internet or do you have a prefered store? Ill be going to Cincinnati, Ohio, and know next to NOTHING about where to buy stuff there

Weee!

Lots of researching material! Thanks a lot!
Looks like January will be a happy month for me!

3k???

DANG I advise you to spend no more than 2k on a rig... this is what i have in mind:

q6600
Abit IP35-Pro or the ABIT IX38 Quad GT
Crucial Ballistix ddr2 800 kit (4gb should be enough..)
8800ultra
choose a Case
Choose a HD Size
Choose an Optical Drive
PC Power and Cooling 610
Add a Monitor if you want one

that pushes you actualy like $1800... hmm.. i guess.. you could go SLi if u want with the 8800Ultra and get a 680i SLi board instead, or maybe get a QX9650 instead of the Dual 8800Ultra.. or maybe get two HD3870's?

looks good but add that he will probably want to run RAID 0 and have a full tower aluminum case
and don't get the ip35-pro for CF because one slot runs at 4x
and a TRUE would be nice

:EDIT: wait since he's ordering in january he should probably get a penryn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom