8800gt sli question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
From everything i've read the 680i will support 45nm chips. It just might require a bios flash. So far i've been able to boot as high as 450FSB on my 680i board.

hey veedub here is something i found while lookin around on the internet for phenom stuff...
seems these dudes are either full of ****, or they have great sources...
NVIDIA partners recently talk about the compatibility of certain NVIDIA chipsets and the latest 45 nm Intel processor. According to EVGA representatives , motherboards based on nForce 680i SLI reference design can provide a full support only to Wolfdale dual-core processors, and to work with quad processors Yorkfield will require a new motherboards based on chipset nForce 780i SLI.

According to New comments from NVIDIA representatives , Yorkfield support on chipset nForce 680i SLI would require changes in the hardware level. Supporting these processors with four core will provide not only motherboards based on chipset nForce 780i SLI, but also existing integrated chipset series GeForce 7xxx. Older motherboard based on chipset nForce 680i SLI and nForce 650i SLI will be satisfied with support to dual-core processors Wolfdale.

Motherboard based on chipset nForce 780i SLI, should be on sale early in January. They will be the natural choice for those who prefer to combine the computing power of the latest Intel processor technology with NVIDIA SLI capabilities .

from this website:
amd rs780 in january, 32 nm for ibm in q2 2009, (xtreview.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom