Tell me about this Mobo/Processor (Total noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes basically thats what it means.
it may be good if you dont plan on overclocking. if you do, however, it is not so good.
if you can get that deal for 200 bucks and are goin to keep everything stock, thats a pretty good deal. i'd see if i could find a combo with a better mobo, though.

it may be good if you dont plan on overclocking. if you do, however, it is not so good.
if you can get that deal for 200 bucks and are goin to keep everything stock, thats a pretty good deal. i'd see if i could find a combo with a better mobo, though.

well.. the 6000+ doesn't offer much in the overclocking headroom either.. maybe them together are a good choice..

tru nuff.
for 200 bucks lets see if we can come up with a stock intel rig that will be better.
probably can, at least the mobo will allow overclocking if and when OP wants to do it.
but lets assume all stock, all the time...ready, go.

ic, thanks very much.

The site I found off pricewatch (Where I purchased the mobo/cpu i use now) only has AMD in micro ATX mobo's it seems.

In the end... A dual core 3.0ghz AMD 64 6000, will beat the **** out of my single 2.0ghz AMD 64 3200+. SO this would be a **** of an upgrade, and not too expensive either.

with $250

how about an e2180 w/ Abit Ip35-e... thats not even 200$ i think..

remember...stock everything stock. no way a 2180 will beat a 6000 at stock speeds. pretty good competition though, and a better ocing chip probably.

would need to be an e4600 (allendale blah) i would think. 150 @ the egg. plus the abit, 90 bucks.

OP is your 6000 combo 200 or 250? if you are not overclocking, you dont need an aftermarket HSF. so, 200, right?
if so, yes for 200 bucks the 6000 combo will be the better choice if you are not going to overclock.

remember...stock everything stock. no way a 2180 will beat a 6000 at stock speeds. pretty good competition though, and a better ocing chip probably.

would need to be an e4600 (allendale blah) i would think. 150 @ the egg. plus the abit, 90 bucks.

OP is your 6000 combo 200 or 250? if you are not overclocking, you dont need an aftermarket HSF. so, 200, right?
if so, yes for 200 bucks the 6000 combo will be the better choice if you are not going to overclock.

hmm.. oh ya.. I was kinda gonna force him to overclock... but, i guess the e4500 is good enough...

lol yeah the 4500 would be a good chip too. but at stock, still wont beat the 6000. really, OP this comes down to if you want to OC, get the intel. if you want fast stock speed, get the AMD. and you will be able to OC the AMD a little more than stock, if you have a better mobo. but then that ruins your price/performance.

Its $200, but shipping + a stronger heatsink (90mm instead of 60mm) and Thermal Compound push it to $233.57 shipped to my door. The heatsink is like $20, compound is $10.

As long as this mobo/processor are good quality, I wont worry about overclocking this pc.

Also, HSF is Heat sink fan, So you say I don't need one ? Then its $213 shipped to my door.

yeah, if you are not going to overclock, the stock heatsink is totally adequate. go ahead and get the thermal compound, as it will lower temps even with the stock HSF.
a 3ghz x2 is friggin fast dude. i am not going to vouch for the quality of that mobo, i dont know anything about it. but the 6000 is an excellent cpu.
EDIT: i cant find any reviews except retail reviews on mobo. ie no tech-site reviews. but, all of the retail reviews seem positive. i guess that counts...somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom