Adminstrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
i once found a batch file on somewhere on the net, that once you ran it, it created an admin user account! Very handy indeed, but i just cant remember where i found it. :(

Yeah, it works for XP. On 2000 machines, however, there is a problem setting the password. The only way you can set a password on 2000 with this utility is to blank it out using '*' for the password and then logging in without a password to change it. On XP you can set a password to anything you want (assuming the characters are legal) and the utility will work just fine. This is information I should have provided earlier...I rarely log in locally.

To some extent I see your point of view. Mine, however, is that of a public/private sector network technician. These are necessary tools that facilitate in the administration of tens, hundreds, and in my case thousands of workstations. Time-saving tools are a must when there is a lot of work aleady on one's plate. Judging by the number of posts that some people in this thread have, I assume that their career paths would fall in the way of 'admin' or 'tech', so more often than not these tools will fall into the right hands as opposed to an unauthorized user. I do, also, see message boards such as this as a place to exchange these "tricks of the trade," if you will, in a place of dynamic creativity. To halt threads like this one would be a terrible thing to do. If this kid changes the password to Administrator, his father will know and he will be responsible for his actions. That is his choice. If he didn't find the tools here, he will have found them elsewhere on the internet. At least there are some people that could truly benefit from these kinds of tools in these message boards.

At this point the thread is pretty much exhausted as far as the "Administrator" topic, and there will be no further posts from me unless it comes back as a new, different posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom