what kind of laptops are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ton247

Solid State Member
the laptops at ibuypower.com and cyberpowerpc.com...who makes them? it seems to me like there are 2 kinds of laptops:
1) ones created by big names like sony, dell, and hp
2) ones i find in magazines that don't tell me who make them

should the #2) laptops be trusted? has anyone every bought a laptop from ibuypower or from a similar website?

buy a laptop depending on the actual components used in it, and what the warranty covers. Dell is good for laptops because if you buy the gold warranty, it basically covers everything other than tossing it off a building.

ibuypower are excellent laptops that I recommend to pretty much everyone. Can't go wrong there.

okay but who makes them, is there a company called ibuypower? just always wanted to know

buy a laptop depending on the actual components used in it, and what the warranty covers. Dell is good for laptops because if you buy the gold warranty, it basically covers everything other than tossing it off a building.

dell has drop warranty for that.

I know at least a few IBuyPowers are rebranded Uniwills. IBuyPower and CyberPower don't make their own notebooks. They just take other notebook barebones, install custom hardware, and then slap their brand on it and provide warranty and support for it. But it really doesn't matter who makes the notebook. Know the specs, the warranty coverage, the customer service reputation, and the review results.

You should ALWAYS base your decision to purchase a notebook on specific, independent reviews of particular models- not on the good or bad reputation one brand has as a whole. Brand only has an impact on customer service and warranty coverage, which in the case of IBuyPower or CyberPower, is absolutely horrible. Everything else should be considered per-model.

I suggest notebookreview.com for a good source of laptop reviews.

only laptop I want is Sony Vaio
if I am carrying a thing around campus with me
its going to be stylish :)
CR series ain't bad - around $1200

yes, I know I am mostly paying for the brand...
but if you had extra cash to spare, you'd buy a name brand also :)

It you want form over function and to "look stylish" why not just buy an apple and join the podpeople.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom