My New Rig!!! *52k Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. Personally, I'd say no...and leave the cmos battery out with the reset jumper on so that it clears all the info in there.

So, If I take the CMOS bettery out, then there's no other way to ascertain that the board's ever been overclocked?

This may be a stupid question, but If i lie and they find that I have overclocked the board, could I be done for fraud?

I dunno...on my board there would be a way to know because i have bios profiles stored in the mobo even when there is no power (battery removed).

As for lying...I have no idea, but I highly doubt it.

Well I dont have profiles so i should be okay.

I have found in my manual:

This motherboard supports overclocking greatly... Any risk or damage from improper operation will not be supported or protected by the warranty

WTH does this mean??? It's so vague!!! Does that mean im protected under the warranty?

Thanks for helping me.

You'd have to look into the warranty details. You should be able to find them on the MSI site or something.

TBH you'll be fine as long as there are no visible marks from frying things or something.

TBH you'll be fine as long as there are no visible marks from frying things or something.

Okay, this comforts me. The chipset is all intact, it passes the chipset initialization test it just cant detect RAM. So I doubt they will be able to see anything there. Im thinking maybe a corrupt BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom