Video Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP1980

Beta member
Alright guys, I'm looking for recommendations on building this computer, what is needed, or if it's possible in one computer. To start, I want to take two sets of two 20" monitors, place them vertically (portrait), and split the screen with two seperate tv channels on one, and view two seperate programs split on the other. The two sets of monitors will be mirrored to one another. I also have four 15" monitors, two that I would like to display the video feed off of, and two that would display one of the programs. I'd also like to integrate a webcam/live video into this and record that as well. Is it possible to build one machine to handle this? If so, what is needed? Or is this a two computer job? My inintial thought is that the 15" monitors on the side would need to be handled by the second computer.

Depending on what your doing, you might need Crossfire X or use cheap PCI cards.

Whats your purpose really? Just to long big with moniters?

get cross fire you can go up to 4 monitors, f not get a third crossfire card and you can get 6, get 3 3850's its your cheapest bet, but that means buying an amd rig, you can ge ta good am2+ mobo like teh asus or msi, and a 5000+ black edition, and oc the **** out of it.

you can run multiple monitors off of Xfire?

Well, Windows XP only supports a few monitors, can't remeber how many.

But if you got a server motherboard with 6 PCI slots, and muliple pci-e slots then it would be simple. Put a 8500gt in each PCI-E slot I think you can get a triple slot motherboard, That would cover 6 monitors, Then do the rest with Cheapo 5200 PCI video cards.

Re: Video Crazy, screen splitting

I am facing a more specific problem now with what I want to do. To simplify, I have two screens. One screen is running two programs. I want to take or "mirror" half of that screen (one of the programs) and place it on the second screen with full resolution. Is this possible? Any drivers/software that can do that? I tried Ultramon but couldn't get it to do it. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom