3 Monitors on Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Hello again folks, i was wondering if there was any way to use 3 monitors on Vista, with two video cards (6200 PCI, 8800gt PCIE).

Before the gamers start up, i need this setup for working at home. I need to have a lot of things going at once. I really don't want any of those matrox cards, because i do play games on my main monitor from time to time.

So the question is, can this be done? I don't mind if i have to disable the aero theme or anything like that, i just want to be able to have 3 monitors using a pci/pcie video card setup.

ok, you will not be able to run 3 monitors, the max either those cards support is two, secondly you cannot run those cards simultaneously as they are completely different, ones PCI the others PCI-E,

if you had a Sli motherboard where there are two PCI-E 16x slots then you can run two identical cards simultaneously, so in short you can only run one of those grpahics cards at one time, and only run two monitors at one time

secondly this post isnt showing up on the homepage as there are probarbly a few other new posts which have had replies :)

cheers

Well, I could be COMPLETELY wrong here, but yeah, you can use those two cards at the same time....

In my old media rig, I had an ATI AIW 9800 PRO (AGP) card, and a REALLY OLD 4 Meg PCI video card running at the same time, supporting dual monitors. Only one monitor worked while gaming, but it did work.

Could be different with Nvidia..... can't say for sure.

WOW i gotta try that :D sorry if what i posted above was wrong but i still dont think it would work :(

That set up should work. Right now im running 3 video cards and if i have SLI off i have up to 6 choices for video output. Just make sure that you have all the correct drivers. Also, be sure to plug all the monitors in with the computer off, then turn the computer on so that it sees all 3 monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom