Winter too cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I'm OCed to 3.0 ghz with my q6600 and its friggin freezing cause its winter here in cali and today I turned on my computer and went straight to bios and was amazed that the CPU temperature read 13 celcius and went quickly went up to 18 celcius. Now I know cold can damage chips just as well as heat, so I'm wondering is this a hazard for my q6600? All I can do now is lower my tuniq tower 120 rpm and the idle speed is like 30-18 celcius with a room temp of 60ish Farenheight.

So I'm OCed to 3.0 ghz with my q6600 and its friggin freezing cause its winter here in cali and today I turned on my computer and went straight to bios and was amazed that the CPU temperature read 13 celcius and went quickly went up to 18 celcius. Now I know cold can damage chips just as well as heat, so I'm wondering is this a hazard for my q6600? All I can do now is lower my tuniq tower 120 rpm and the idle speed is like 30-18 celcius with a room temp of 60ish Farenheight.

No that wont harm the chip. Phase change can get those chips to -50, and they dont get harmed by that.

No that wont harm the chip. Phase change can get those chips to -50, and they dont get harmed by that.

the reason Im worried is my vigor 2 HSF used to shut off for a split second at 18 celcius and I was told it was doing that purposly so the chips wouldnt get too cold

It shuts off because it doesn't need the cooling at that point. It can run just fine at those kind of temperatures without a fan on it. You can change that in the BIOS on most boards if you'd like.

XD I'd love to have my chip at -50 celcius. but id be super happy with 18 lol. beats the 55-60C load I get now.

Well mine is always around 30c If I'm correct.
At least next week I'm going to clean my whole PC and re master all the wires so it can look good for Christmas :), too bad here doesn't snow & doesn't get too cold either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom