Is there anything to overclock gpu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
THAT FREAKING WORKS! I just dl'd atitool .27 and everytime i try to set the clocks it resets back to the "default" settings. RivaTuner isnt much better. I set the core and memory and tell it to apply, then check gpu-z and its still showing that im running at stock settings.

The reason i ask is that im running at 4.05ghz right now, and somehow managed to only get a sub18k 3dmark06 score. So something is going on with my stupid video cards. Grrrr.

Btw, running 4+ ghz at 1.53V and i never went over 61C on 3dmark.

also, downloading 169.13 drivers to see if that might be part of the problem. Must...hit...20k

I could have sworn that i overclocked my cards before. I think it has something to do with using the beta drivers.

For what is is worth, when ever I have RivaTunner running and try to run CPUZ or GPUZ, Riva will revert back to stock settings. Same thing happens when I run PC Probe II. Some how Riva reverts to stock and PC Probe alarms and says 2 of my fans quit running, but they have not. I have to reboot to get things back in order.

For what is is worth, when ever I have RivaTunner running and try to run CPUZ or GPUZ, Riva will revert back to stock settings. Same thing happens when I run PC Probe II. Some how Riva reverts to stock and PC Probe alarms and says 2 of my fans quit running, but they have not. I have to reboot to get things back in order.

PC probe is an abomination.
Stop using it.

ATI Tool 0.27 doesn't work at all on my Win XP 64 bit machine either.... Every time I change the clocks, not ONLY does it revert back to stock in a few seconds, monitor goes black for a few seconds, and I get an error that the GPU had to be restarted.....

I wish atitool worked on vista heh. i tried rivatuner and get nothin but headaches trying to stabilize it. so i quit trying.

I read you can OC sli cards, but only seperately. i.e. remove one, and OC them individually. then you're good to go. i can't say where I read it so take it with a grain of salt. i sorted all my bookmarks as well so can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom