Installation of Win. XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad ram, bad video card, bad cpu are things that will sound a beep code if there's a problem there. One thing I will be doing on an old case here when nothing at all was seen on an Asus Socket A board will be tossing octagon shaped washers over the stand offs in case part of the board is grounding out for some reason.

That wouldn't solve your problem since the board was functioning except for getting Windows on. The possible defects in one or more caps or something like the chipset would explain why nothing at all is what you are seeing there since a bad component weak at first simply let go.

Last week a friend I loaned a spare drive out who couldn't get XP to install to the Sata 1 type WD originally saw XP crash and couldn't see a repair or fresh install used until the ide loaner was removed for the WD 200gb model he had wanted running in the first place.

The clean went well since everything as far as hardwares and board were trouble free. There? The board itself is the most probable item explaining why you were seeing so much trouble just trying to get Windows on. As the voltages dropped off and then came up the optical as well as hard drive was effected making for an erratic disk reading.

so basicly wat your suggesting is that the best thing would be to buy a new motherboard am i correct? if so, wat are some good motherboards out there right now?

Is that an Asus board there? I saw the name on the ide ribbon cable assuming that came with the board. You can go for a replacement or choose another Asus model or even go for another make and model like Gigabyte, MSI, Abit etc. to avoid problems if the vendor got a bad barch in.

On a friend's build last year two boards arrived doa in a row where I suggested a different model or make and model. He went for a different model then to see a good running system. Bad caps are the most common problem when a board fails to work on various makes to note. I simply went for a second M2N-E when the first quite in only a few days back in early September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom