RAM Limit with Win98 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
Just so I'm clear, the maximum installable ram under Windows 98 SE is 512 MB right? I was thinking of upgrading to 1GB but I don't want to upgrade to XP just for that.;)

yea im curious too.. if you have never tried xp, it blows away '98 in a second.. the upgrade is cheap(er) by a lot now, too.

Sorry, couldn't find the post. Windows 98 was already available to me when I purchased my PC since I had a copy laying around. I could have bought XP, but it was $100 more and I just didn't have that money on hand. If I had another $100 I probably would have gotten a better Part. Besides, there isn't a big need for me to upgrade right now.

believe me, XP is a hell of a lot better than 98
98 used to crash on me just about every second boot! but XP is hardly near that number (although it does still crash)

As Long as it runs, though, I'm fine. It does crash sometimes and every so often it won't even boot to Windows, requiring a restart and a scolding from Scandisk, but overall it's okay. If I ever really need an upgrade I'll definately go to XP, get atleast 1gb or RAM, and possibly a better processor. I don't have a lot of money on me and whenever I upgrade, I like to do a lot. In two years I'll be getting a new PC anyway so I can game for College.
I might still think about it, though. XP is pretty good OS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom