Slow XP responsiveness/freezes after Clean Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentnibbles

Baseband Member
So I have reformatted my PC, for the second time now. Whenever I try to do anything, it takes about 5-20 seconds for it to happen. It's like, behind the granny in crutches slow. This has never happened to me before. I have ruled out the possibility of a virus, spyware, or any other junk. I have tested that already. Defragmenting does not help. Disk check couldn't complete its check. I just tried to disable automatic updates in services.msc (b/c my firewall is giving me a sh#tload of popups) and my computer went unresponsive for 30 seconds, and everything I tried to do in that time period took place when it started to respond again. I am also finding excessive dumpreps in my task manager. I have COMODO firewall and anti-virus installed, latest motherboard and video card drives. No sound yet. Heres my computer:

AMD 3800+ Dual Core
DFI lanparty ultra-d nforce 4 ultra
7800gt eVGA
2gb corsair dual channel
seagate SATA 160GB 7200rpm 16mb cache 3gb/s

PLEASE HELP!

Never mind. I took out the memory and cleaned it. It seems that maybe something had been kept in there residually and I removed it by taking it out of the slot and cleaning it. All is well. Thanks! For nothing. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom