E2160 @ 2.8Ghz @ 70C Load. This OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
After learning how to overclock in the other topic (much thanks to Merkwürdigliebe) I have settled at 2.8Ghz (312x9) for my E2160. On load the temperature goes to 72 maxiumum, with it normally hovering round 68C to70c. Voltage is 1.45. I had CoreTemp recording temps as I played the Crysis demo.

So how is this?

Thanks.

You should get some aftermarket cooling definately. Do you want to make an offer on my AF7? It destroys stock cooling. £15?

you should be able to clock it to 3.3 on stock air.. lemme see if I can pull up a guide for the settings on it. also what board do you have?

in a pc mag i have they have the settings for thier e2160 at 1.56 (voltage) and 375/9 (fsb/multiplier) and they used a 2/L2 revision cpu.

You should get some aftermarket cooling definately. Do you want to make an offer on my AF7? It destroys stock cooling. £15?

Most deff get some aftermarket cooling. Best thing that happened to my PC since I bought a 8800GTS 640mb. Lowered my temps 10C. Really wonderful investment for a little piece of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom