AM2/+ board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
Ok, so my poor old ECS board crapped out on me after like a week of use, the CMOS bracket broke off so I'm using that as an excuse to send it back to the egg and get my money back to go towards a good board. NOW! my questions are these.

1. Is AM2+ backwards compatible with AM2, i.e can I use my 4000+ on an AM2+ Board.

2. Which of the "Quad-Fire" Boards are the best for OC'ing. If anybody can tell so far, I don't think a lot of people have them yet.

-I say "Quad-Fire" because I'm gonna work my way up to that, so none of this ghey xfire crap anymore.. xD

well the idea is that over time it will let me upgrade. I'm gonna go with AM2+ for a phenom and then of course I'll be getting a larger monitor.

Well then as vernong said the MSI k9a2 platinum is your best bet. Not too many choices out there at the moment.

im going to sell mine if those pee-holes at EVGA dont send me a new bios chip/come out with a new bios...like reeeal quick. they should respond to my inquiring emails by tommorow.
ebay ebay ebay.
590 SLI going for around a hundred used.
i can live with that. especially when the msi is only 180.

i dunno, mines a G1 and i think it probably is limited to about 3.1-2
wouldnt hurt to try.
i guess maybe i'll ask for that for xmas heh. been racking my brain for something.
that or maybe the corsair 620.
EDIT:
wait...no i wont lol i keep forgeting that i cant run SLI with that mobo. heh i just see the 4 pcie slots and im like..."thats just...sick".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom