Hanging Boot Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
When i turn on/restart my computer the Intel Boot screen hangs for about 50 - 70 seconds. It started happening a while ago and i don't no what triggered it, but someone told me AVG being at startup can cause hanging.

Could this be the case?

I only have Avg and Atitraytools in startup and i cclean regularly, i no i don't have any viruses because i have scanned and posted a Hijackthis log only 1 week ago (problem started months ago). I also defrag regularly and have 50 gig left on my hard drive. The actual boot of my computer with the windows logo and the little bar only takes about 5 bars (no more than 10seconds).

Someone also suggested to me that my computer may-be doing a memory scan or some type of scan that caused it to hang on the Intel screen.

Anyone had this issue or similar or someone even has an idea?

Have you also tested for Malware? Have you gone into msconfig and checked the startup tab?

viruses are different than spyware to some extent. You should try Spybot also. You can also try to reset your BIOS to default settings.

viruses are different than spyware to some extent.

I don't mean to sound like a *** but, Orly?

I said that i scanned for viruses (implying that i have scanned my computer with Anti-Virus software which can pickup spyware and other) also the fact that i posted a hijackthislog means that i can guarantee i don't have anything malicious.

I might try the bios thing later because i have some settings i need to remember but thankyou for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom