Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so let's start this off.

In first pic, here's what you change:

CPU Host Clock Control: Enabled
CPU Host Frequency: Put it to 334 for now
CIA2: Disabled
Performance Enhance: Standard
System Memory Multiplier: Adjust it so that your ram is more or less clocked at 800MHz, or set it closer to 900-1000MHz, but you will have to loosen your timings, personally, I like looser timings and higher frequency to a certain degree, so try and hit between 900-1000MHz
DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

set timings to 5-5-5-15

Second Pic

DDR2 OverVoltage Control: +0.2 to +0.4, try +0.2 first, and if it doesn't work, then keep increasing, do not go past +0.4!!
CPU Voltage Control: Set it to 1.5V for now, experiment with lower voltages and bring it as low as you can afterwards, lower voltages = less heat

Third Pic

EIST: Disabled
CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2): Disabled
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E): Disabled

Those were pretty much the exact settings I used to get 3.0GHz, but not all chips are the same. My RAM was also very similar to yours. Go try that out and report back! Good luck.

I did use stock cooling. It gets about as loud as heck when it starts to heat up though. Don't be worried about that though, just monitor your temps! ;)

^He's using a Gigabyte P35 DS3L motherboard

Well I did your suggestions and it all looks good :). Multiplier is at 9x, i only set the frequency to 288 (2.6Ghz) (because im a bit nervous about this, i only got this PC built and working this morning heh) but ill take it higher later. Temps are hovering around 50C.

Brilliant. I thought I had a bad chip till now.
Thanks again.

Yeah, 2160s only have a maximum of 9x multiplier.

Yo Westy, that temp, is that on load or idle? and what program are you using to monitor temps?

I personally suggest SpeedFan...

Try out 334, if it's really that unstable, your computer will automatically shutdown, don't worry about pushing it higher, your computer won't break or anything

Heh so they charge you 10 bucks more to go from a 9x200 to a 10x200. GJ intel :p

Speedfan is evil. Its almost always wrong. Use coretemp.

Thats 50C on idle using coretemp and PC Wizard 08. Bit warm?

Case has two fans, one at back and one at front, and a grill and funnel on the side for cpu fan intake. Should be a good airflow that.

I cant do anything else till tomoz but cheers for help :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom