My New Rig!!! *52k Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks great!

You upgrading to a 3850? I managed to pick a 512mb one off ebuyer for 115 shipped...but they've just upped the price 10 quid :p

Ye, I am and I cant wait.

My local shop: Buy HIS Radeon HD3850 - 512MB H385F512N from CCL - Online Retailer of the Year 2007

Now thats a deal.

I'm thinking of getting a Intel crossfire motherboard, does your msi cut it?

Yes, its really nice. But I dont know if x4 of the second PCI-E x16 slot will be a bandwith bottleneck or not.

It wont bottleneck on the 3850. The 3870 might push a bit closer to bottlenecking, but you should be ok.

Nice rig, im loving the large chipset heatsink solution, looks similar to mine.

I must admit, that is the main reason that I bought it ^^. It will look really good when I get a CNPS 9500 and I clean the wires, though.

Also, thanks to Veedupfreak for clearing that up.

It sure will bottleneck it. Performance from the x4 card will reduce by about 15%.,...but the fact that there are 2 cards will make up for that.

Are the 3850s loud? Cause im a noise freak.

Also, to any e6300 owners out there (gurusan?): how far did yours clock to? Because im trying to push mine farther.

hrmm, i liked this thread! very informing.. i think i'll be doing the same once i put my mobo back in my case.. if i ever get it working...

I must admit, that is the main reason that I bought it ^^. It will look really good when I get a CNPS 9500 and I clean the wires, though.

Also, thanks to Veedupfreak for clearing that up.

Yup i need to get mine a bit more organized as well, and im still running a stock cpu cooler.

Are the 3850s loud? Cause im a noise freak.

Also, to any e6300 owners out there (gurusan?): how far did yours clock to? Because im trying to push mine farther.

if you crank the gpu fan up to 100% then its noticeable, and kind of annoying/loud. but i have mine set to 82% and its noticeable but not unbearable. but you can set it to like 25-50 and it'll be quiet as a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom