Building a new computer for high-end gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastasauce

Baseband Member
:D Hello guys, it's me pasta again. I posted here a few months ago asking about a new computer build and now I'm looking to buy and I was wondering if anything new has been realeased.

I want a computer that can handle high-end games (at a high frame rate) and be able to multi-task. I don't want to replace this computer for another 2-3 years, so I'd like some high-quality parts.

I have a budget of $2500 dollars. Also if possible a few game reccomendations would be awesome :D .

Thank you.

~Joe

well the 8800gt is a new release:

8800gt or hd3870 in SLi or 8800gt SLi or 1 hd3870
q6600
x38 Abit Board for Crossfire, 680i if u want SLi
Thermalright Ultra 120
Corsair 520hx
Antec 900
500gb HD
LG DVD-RW Drive
Auzentech X-Fi Card

ya.. i saw that after i hit submit, and edited it... and i guess u quoted me b4 I made those additions...

I guess he could a good Keyboard and Mouse, but I'm not expert in that area, so somebody else can recommend those (personally to me Gaming Keyboards are just hype)

So is the Abit a good board? Also, I was going to get the q6600 a few months ago, is still one of the best CPU's as of now? Should I get vista or XP? And I was thinking about getting 3gig's of RAM rather than 2, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks Vern.

I forgot the RAM, I'm losing it: Crucial Ballistix 2gb Kit, I'd get XP for now.. but Vista SP1 is getting mainstream soon

So is the Abit a good board? Also, I was going to get the q6600 a few months ago, is still one of the best CPU's as of now? Should I get vista or XP? And I was thinking about getting 3gig's of RAM rather than 2, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks Vern.

The abit is good.

Yes, the Q6600 is very good.

XP.

Stick with 2GIG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom