Budget GFX Card Capable of 1920 x 1080?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnival

Beta member
Hi, very knowledgable forums you have here, my friend recommended them to me. I wonder if someone can help me with my predicament; I have recently bought a telly capable of 1080p, and I am looking into compatible gpu's for a budget pc i intend to build, to take advantage of it even more and use it as a monitor too. I cant seem to find what im looking for, or maybe just the relevant info, are there budget gpus in existance that can do 1920 x 1080 no problem? i dont mean to use the pc for games, if that makes a difference. HDMI out would be a big bonus as the tv has 3 hdmi in's, even one particularly for pc's i think.

Thanks very much

how much are you looking to spend? 8800GT 512MB is your best option right now for money and power

I dont like the look of the passive cooling on that one. My 1950PRO is silent, less likely to crash (the cooling on that card dosent look very substantial) and much better performing than the one you linked to. Its going for £45 OBO. Just a thought.

every GPU out today... (even some of the ancient ones) can run at that resolution... this thing pulls 1920x1080 easily....

Hes not gaming, thats overkill big time.

woops hmm these are ok for what you need (in order of best to worst roughly):

nvidia 8600GT
nvidia 8500GT
ATI X800GT
Nvidia 8400GS
ATI X1650 Pro
ATI X1550
ATI X550

Are you in the us? I have an 8500gt ill be getting rid off soon. Its brand new condition too, just put it into my new build.

My X1550 Is extreme cheap and quiet: £15 OBO. And it also takes up next to no power! Thats a brilliant deal and its exactly what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom