e6750 vs X2 Black Edition vs e4500, bang for buck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The danger of ECSs tends to be no overclocking and likelyhood of going out, right?

When MBs go out, they don't usually take the cpu with them, do they?

I am running linux so when I change out the MB I shouldn't have to reinstall the OS, which means as long as it lasts a year or so, it would be better than the tiny amount it looks like I'd get on ebay.

In all honesty I prolly won't overclock it anyway as long as its my primary PC. Just not worth the risk. I'm a linux user who doesn't game and most of my "cpu intense" work is compiling some very basic code. The 15 seconds I'd save every week just doesn't seem worth the risk to me. Not when it will blaze by at clock speeds.

I should still see good performance with an ECS mb, shouldn't I? I figure I can keep this one for a while, as 775 mbs go down in price, and when I get a good deal on one I can upgrade. I'll also be upgrading the cooler in the future, anyway.

Do you know a good but relatively cheap cooler, actually for an e6750?

I'll prolly stick my 2x1gb DDR ram from my old build up on ebay with my socket 478 cpu and I should be able to get enough to put into a couple upgrades after christmas.

I said I'd put it on ebay. I'm quite sure it won't work in my build.

However, Fry's also has 2x1gb of DDR2 800mhz OCZ Gold rev 2 for $30 after rebates which I will prolly pick up, unless someone has something bad to say about them. $30 for 2gb of 800mhz ram from a major company? Seems like a good deal to me...but most of pc building is in building pcs that cost me less than $50 total. :p Old Garage Sales, Flea Markets, whatnot. My knowledge of new parts is less because I seldom have the money for them as a student. I just toy with whatever comes into my room.

Edit: And thanks for the advice on the cooler...I heard ALOT about the Af7 on the forum a few months ago but people aren't talking about it as much, is there a reason? I found it alone for $18: eWiz.com Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Fan For Intel CPU

the site, ewiz.com, seems to have a decent ship rating. I couldn't find the AF7 on newegg for some reason...

mwuhahaha! I was misspelling arctic...

hahaha.

Thanks.

I'll prolly be going today to buy the cpu/mb/ram/psu

Ecs is not worth the money, if youre gonna build a system and oc, even if youre not gonna oc, just spend a little more and get a reliable board. If it means you have to sell that ecs on ebay, then do so.

Ecs is not worth the money, if youre gonna build a system and oc, even if youre not gonna oc, just spend a little more and get a reliable board. If it means you have to sell that ecs on ebay, then do so.

so an ecs board isnt worth 10 bucks?? hrm... did he not say he was gonna sell it!!! lol....

the deal is 190 for the ecs board and an e6750.. thats like 10 bucks for a mobo.... i dno't see why not.. jsut sell the mobo for like 40-50 and you made a profit... and w/ the profit go for the better board!!

as explained in 3 other posts!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom