wrong pass:locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why exactly did you set a password? Because it looks fancy?

Anyway, the idea behind a password is so any unauthorised users can't access your computer, what good would a password be if someone could just slip in a floppy disk and access everything.

The only password hacks I have come across are password monitors, my teacher hated me in IT class because I could monitor his password and change anything I liked... he couldn't stop me except throwing me out of the class.

There is software out there that will recover your password. The problem is that the readily availible software sucks and it rarely works. The software that can do the job (l0pht) is SUPER expensive. But I can tell you first hand that it works.

The software you posted might do the work, there is about 50 programs out there with that name, some of them work, some of them don't.

MAYBE this will work. You can re enable the default windows admin log on account. This has some editing in the registry, so try any thing else first. Also, if you dont understand what you are seeing, DONT mess with it. If you do mess something up or do not follow directions closely you may end up with a format/reload. Anyhow, put this in (by going into safe mode) and then reboot. It should state administrator, just click okay with no password, I think. Anyhow. Goto start, run and then type in "regedit" (without the quotes). Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

click so the userlist folder looks to be open folder

Now create a datatype "DWORD" by going to edit, new and click DWORD

Name it Administrator, then double click it. You should see data value. set it to "1" (again, no quotes). Now exit the registry and reboot. Choose admininistrator. See how that works.

Again, though, keep in mind to no touch ANYTHING else in there, and if unsure, ask for help. Plus, I'd only do this if any of the above software doesn't work.

Actualy i went into safe mode and there was 2 accounts. One was mine (with password) and other was administrator i went into there and it allowed me to go into user accounts and remove my accounts password withought having to enter it my current one but thanks for all those other suggestions guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom